Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

TOP FIVE MOST HATED TASKS

This post is not intended for rich people with housekeepers or folks living in retirement homes or hotels.  But there are still unavoidable  tasks that ordinary seniors must undertake every day if they want to remain independent in their own homes, and lead a sanitary, healthy  life.

 My top five "hates"


Loading the dishwasher
Unloading the dishwasher
Taking out the trash
Cleaning toilets
Scrubbing the kitchen floor


 I could go on with this list, but think it best if I limit it to the top five. Most of them involve dirty, stinky stuff. Unloading clean dishes and putting them away, day after day, is boring and repetitious. The trash is depressing because there's so much of it for just two people.  Also, I'm concerned there are so many plastic containers, which is bad for the environment.

Conversely, there are household chores that I enjoy.

Top five "likes"


Shopping
Cooking
Watering plants
Laundry
Vacuuming

The top five likes are more controversial, because if you compare notes with others, not everyone would agree.  Cooking is creative and has a delicious outcome. And those who love to cook usually like to shop. The produce section is my favorite, with all the colorful, healthy fruits and vegetables.

Since I’m allergic to cats and dogs, we don’t have animals in our house.  And grandkids live far away.  So, the only nurturing things this mother/grandmother has left is her plants.  I love to see them grow and flourish under my care.  New green leaves and shoots from spider plants hanging in the windows give me a feeling of joy, especially on dreary days.

Laundry?  I can see some eyebrows go up.  But it has such a good outcome.  Fresh fragrant sheets on the bed, clean towels in the bathroom, and a closet full of clean clothes is so refreshing..  Same for vacuuming.  It’s easy, and when I’m through, I get the same feeling as when  I see freshly mowed grass.

But no matter what tasks you like or dislike, housework is a great way to exercise and burn up some calories.
see my new blog @ livingwellafter80.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear your comments!

DECLUTTERING DIARY: DAY 93

See my new blog post @   livingwellafter80.com

EightyGo